WOQOD's Privacy Notice
WOQOD is a leading fuel distribution and marketing services company in the State of Qatar. WOQOD's initial public offering was completed in 2002 and its shares are listed on Qatar Stock Exchange. The company has the sole concession to store, market, sell and distribute the petroleum products to commercial, industrial and government customers throughout the country, including Natural and Liquefied Gas, Jet A1 refuelling for aircraft and related services at all airports in Qatar.
This privacy notice highlights our commitment towards protecting your personal data. We at WOQOD, our subsidiaries and affiliated entities (hereinafter "WOQOD", "We" or "Us"), ensure that your personal data is protected to the best possible extent when you use our website, use our services or contact us for relevant requests.
This privacy notice lists out the personal data we process, the activities for which we process personal data, the lawful basis for such processing, the measure we take to ensure security and your rights protected under applicable regulation.
1. Reason for Collecting Personal Information
This section highlights the various processing activities which we undertake when you provide us with your details.
- Collect IP address, referrer URL, browser information, device information and data/time of user request when you visit our website for identifying you, providing you with relevant content and enabling you to view our website in a compatible manner (e.g., adapt our website to your computer/laptop browser settings). Without the processing of the above-mentioned personal data, we will not be able to provide you with the required functionalities of our website.
- Collect personal details such as name, mobile number, email ID, vehicle registration copy and Qatar ID when you use our mobile application to enable you to register on our app and provide you with relevant services.
- Collect personal details such as name, email ID, company name, title, document, etc. when you submit a request from the 'Contact Us' or 'Customer Survey' form in our website for servicing your feedback/complaint in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collect your personal details such as name, nationality, Qatar ID, contact details, address, qualification details, copy of ID proof, resume, etc. when you submit a job application in the vacancies section of our website. This information will be used to accept your application, evaluate your candidature, contact you for interviews and communicate regarding the recruitment process/result.
- Collect your personal details such as name, gender, date of birth, nationality, contact information, guardian details, academic information, etc. when you submit information to us for student sponsorship. This helps us in evaluating your application and taking required steps to establish communication regarding your candidature.
- Collect your personal data such as name, email address, fax number, mobile number, your credentials, etc. when you submit information for becoming a retail supplier with us, rent a shop and login to our customer portal. This helps us in evaluating your application and establish related business communication.
2. Lawful Basis of Processing
We process your personal data on the lawful basis of legitimate interest, performance of contract or your consent based on the association you have with us.
3. Data Retention
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the business purpose of collection or as required by applicable regulatory requirements/legal proceedings.
4. Children's Personal Data
We do not intentionally collect personal data about children. We are not able to identify the age of persons who access and use our website or mobile application. If you believe we have inadvertently collected personal data about your child or if the child has provided us with personal data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may contact us for deletion of the personal data.
5. Data Recipients, Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not share your details with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We also do not sell your personal information. We may share your details with our subsidiaries, processors, vendors, authorized third-parties or contractors who may reside outside Qatar for one or more processing activity mentioned above, while ensuring your data privacy and confidentiality.
Cookies are small text files with data that are used to identify your computer when you connect to a network. Data stored in a cookie is created by the server upon your connection. This data is labelled with an ID unique to your computer. When the cookie is exchanged between your computer and the network server, the server reads the ID and knows what information to specifically serve you.
Our website in general will display a banner when you try to access it for the first time. In this banner you will be able to select the cookies you wish us to track. You may reconfirm/modify your cookie choices by clicking on “Cookie Preference” option.
Below is a list of the types of cookies used on our websites:
Type of Cookie||
|Strictly Necessary Cookies|
- To allow you access to our website
- Identify you as being logged in to our website
- To allow you to submit applications for scholarships, register as a user, etc.
|Performance and Functionality Cookies|
- To gain insight in to how you use our website and mobile application so that we can fix any issues arising
- To share WOQOD website pages on social media platforms
- To enable the website to provide improved functionality and personalisation
- If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all these services may not function properly
|Analytics and Customization |
- To understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- To deliver advertisements relevant to you and your interests.
7. Your Rights
You can request access, correction, objection or erasure of your personal data that WOQOD processes at any time by sending a request via the Data Subject Rights Request form by
clicking here. We may need to verify your identity as a part of this process for which we may ask additional information. We shall respond to you within the timeline stipulated in the applicable data protection laws.
We will not charge a fee to respond to your request unless the request may be deemed as manifestly unfounded or excessive.
8. Measures Taken to Protect your Data
We have implemented adequate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure confidentiality of your data, which includes access controls, physical controls, technical controls and administrative safeguards. We protect your data from unauthorized access, theft, breaches, accidental loss, damage, alteration and unlawful processing of your data.
9. Feedback and Complaint
Should you have any feedback or complaint about the way WOQOD is processing of your personal data, please
If you feel that we do not comply with the requirements of Qatar Personal Data Privacy Protection Law (PDPPL), you have the right to lodge a complaint with Qatar's Compliance and Data Protection Department (CDP).
WOQOD Head Office
Contact Name: P.O. Box 7777 WOQOD Tower West Bay Doha City, Qatar